Discover these Popular Destinations with RSRTC Buses
RSRTC (Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation) is popularly known for its efficiency as well as for providing cost-effective travel to various tourists as well as various commuters. It also displays a great deal of transparency, governed by the RTI act, when it comes to sharing news and information about its transport. RSRTC buses cover travel across a large number of cities.
Below is an overview of all the popular destinations covered by the RSRTC. You will also be given tips on how to book an RSRTC bus through redBus.
The name Ajmer is derived from the word “Ajay Meru”, which loosely translates to “invincible hill”. It’s a perfect reflection of Indian tradition, culture and diversity. The city of Ajmer was the final resting place of Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishti, a Sufi Saint, and thus attracts a large number of Muslim pilgrims. The Dargah erected for him is visited and admired by both Muslims and Hindus alike, thus showing the harmony and peace which the land brings. Ajmer thus is a popular location, frequented by various tourists.
Some popular tourist locations in Ajmer are as follows:
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah: As mentioned earlier, this holy structure encloses the grave of Moinuddin Chishti. It is a place of pilgrimage not only to Muslims but to people of all faiths as well. It plays an important role in spreading spiritual as well as moral values of Islam among the masses. The structure was built by Mughal Emperor Humayun, which is reflected by the visible and beautiful Mughal architecture of the Sufi shrine.
- Ana Sagar Lake: The best time to visit this beautiful artificial lake is during sunset. At this time the view is beautiful and is said to be unmatched when viewed from the temple situated close by. Only a short distance away from the city of Ajmer, the lake is surrounded by the Daulat Bhag Gardens and the Khobra Behroon temple. These are two popular locations tourists like to visit while visiting the lake.
Also called the ‘Pink City’, Jaipur holds the reputation of being the first city in India that was planned. It is one of the corners of the Golden Triangle and is known all over the world for its coloured gems. It got its name ‘pink city’ because Maharaja Ram Singh ordered that the entire city be painted pink (colour of hospitality) before the arrival of Prince Wales. The city serves as a portal, taking people back in time and connecting them with the past.
Some popular tourist attractions in Jaipur are as follow:
- Amer Fort: Also called the ‘Amber Fort’, this beautiful structure is located at the top of the Aravalli Hills. It is an example of superb architecture and serves as a very significant part of Indian heritage and history. It was built by Maharaja Man Singh, one of Emperor Akbar’s most trusted generals. It served as the main residence of a large number of Rajput rulers. Activities such as elephant rides at the top of the fort are popular amongst tourists. Auto guides can be used to explore and learn about the massive structure.
- City Palace: Once throne to the Maharaja of Jaipur and built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, the mammoth structure is distributed into several courtyards, gardens and buildings. These include the Chandra Mahal and the Mubarak Mahal.
A historically political centre in India and now the official capital city of India, Delhi is a vast and very well-developed metropolitan city. It is home to a large number of tourist attractions and is also very well known for its street food and nightlife.
Some popular tourist sites in Delhi are as follows:
- Humayun’s Tomb: An example of architectural genius, this tomb lies in the middle of a beautiful Mughal garden which is said to look even prettier during the colder months of winter. Home to the tombs of a large number of other Mughals, this structure is located on the banks of the Yamuna. It was branded as a world heritage site by the UNESCO.
- Qutub Minar: Qutb Ud-Din-Aibak began constructing the structure as a symbol of his victory over the previous Hindu king of Delhi. Various other Mughal figures took over its construction him.
A former medieval trading centre and located in the heart of the Thar desert, it is also called by the name ‘Golden City’ due to its architecture made from golden sandstone. It is famous for its breath-taking views as well as its beautiful temples.
Some popular tourist attractions in Jaisalmer are as follows:
- Jaisalmer Fort: Branded as one of the largest forts in the world, the structure is located in the southern part of the city and goes by other names like ‘Golden Fort’ and ‘Sonar Quila’. The fort stands at a whopping height of 250 ft and is surrounding by extremely tall walls.
- Desert Safari: This is a very common activity that a large number of tourists enjoy taking part in while in Jaisalmer. Tourists get to experience beautiful traditional dances while eating. These safaris are usually conducted using Jeeps, and it is done either early in the morning or evening to avoid the harsh desert heat.
Also called as the ‘Blue City’, it is the second-largest city in Rajasthan. It gets its name due to the various architectural structures that were made in shades of blue.
Some popular tourist attractions in Jaisalmer are as follows:
- Mehrangarh Fort: Located at the top of the hill, this fort is one of the largest in the country. It has been used in a large number of Hollywood as well as Bollywood movie productions. It features intricate and beautiful architecture and bears one of the best museums in Rajasthan.
- Mandore Garden: Home to magnificent cenotaphs that spread across the structure, this garden is a sight to behold.
Located in the Karauli district of Rajasthan, this city is famous for its various beautiful temples.
Some popular tourist spots are as follows:
- Mathiya Mahal: This beautiful structure made out of red sandstone is a symbol of Hinduan’s history.
- Sri Raghunath Ji temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Ram and Goddess Sita and is one of the oldest temples in Hinduan.
RSRTC Bus booking can be made easily using the redBus application or through the redBus official online website. RSRTC online booking can be made simply by logging onto the website and typing the source and destination locations in the spaces provided. By providing the feature of filters, redBus allows users to select their desired bus operator, which in this case would be RSRTC. RSRTC ticket booking, thus, takes only a few minutes and has never been easier!