Gujarat is among the most frequently visited tourist destinations in India for its exotic natural and stupendous man-made attractions. Many people prefer GSRTC (Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation) bus services for travelling to various locations within Gujarat. Prominent cities in Gujarat like Ahmedabad, Surat, Baroda, etc., are well-known for their places of interest. Besides these famous cities, there are many lesser-known towns in Gujarat that boast various tourist attractions. GSRTC bus booking process has been made very easy by the online bus ticketing websites such as redBus.
GSRTC was incorporated in 1960 and has extended its services since then. Various local towns are connected via GSRTC bus services. Read on to know about some of the lesser-known Gujarat towns that you can discover with GSRTC.
Also read: Famous temples in Gujarat one can visit by GSRTC
Ankleshwar is a municipality located in the Bharuch district of Gujarat. Apart from being an industrial town, Ankleshwar is also known for its tourist locations.
• How to Reach – You can reach Ankleshwar via buses. GSRTC provides bus services to Ankleshwar from various locations like Surat, Baroda, etc. You can also book bus tickets to Ankleshwar on the redBus mobile application or website. redBus has connected with GSRTC to provide e-ticketing services to passengers.
• What’s Best – Ankleshwar has a perfect blend of natural attractions and pilgrimage sites. Some of the prominent tourist places in Ankleshwar are Ramkund, Catholic Church, Gayatri Mandir, Golden Bridge, etc.
• Best Time to Go – The best time to visit Ankleshwar would be between November to February as the temperature is best for travelling in these months.
Kamrej is a small town situated in the Surat District. Apart from being famous for its nightlife and cuisines, Kamrej is also known for its exotic tourist attractions.
• How to Reach – GSRTC provides frequent bus services to Kamrej from various locations like Baroda, Surat, Ankleshwar, etc. You can search for the GSRTC bus time table on the redBus platform.
• What’s Best – Don’t forget to step out for dining at night while in Kamrej. Some of the prominent tourist sites in Kamrej are Vashadram Temple, Talav Aka Lake, Shiv Mandir, etc.
• Best Time to Go – The best time to visit Kamrej is from December to February as the temperature is between 12 and 30 degrees.
Zadeshwar is a small locality situated in the Bharuch district of Gujarat. The Zadeshwar Road is well connected with neighbouring towns and villages.
• How to Reach – GSRTC provides frequent bus services to Zadeshwar from various locations like Kamrej, Ankleshwar, Surat, Baroda, etc.
• What’s Best – Shree Vishnu Ayyapa Temple situated on the Zadeshwar Road witnesses many visitors/devotees annually.
• Best Time to Go – One can visit Zadeshwar would be from November to February.
Mehsana is a city in Gujarat that boasts a rich history. The history of Mehsana dates back to the 14th century. Besides being known for the oil and natural gas industries, it also offers various places of interest for tourists.
• How to Reach – GSRTC can provide you with various bus services to Mehsana. The most popular route to Mehsana is from Ahmedabad.
• What’s Best – Some of the popular tourist attractions in Mehsana worth visiting are Dharoi Dam, Aglod Jain Tirth, Thol Lake, Bliss Aqua World, Tirupati Natural & Water Park, etc.
• Best Time to Go – The best time to visit Mehsana is from September to March when the weather is pleasant, and various social amenities are available in abundance.
Chotila is a small town in Gujarat, closer to Rajkot city. It is famous for its Hindu pilgrimage sites and natural landscapes. It is one of those lesser-known Gujarat towns that has the potential of becoming a popular tourist destination.
• How to Reach – GSRTC buses cover Chotila via their robust bus services. You can find GSRTC buses to Chotila from Ahmedabad, Rajkot, etc. GSRTC bus booking can be easily done via the redBus mobile application or website.
• What’s Best – Many Hindu pilgrimage sites with historical importance are situated in Chotila. Some of the prominent places to visit here are Swaminarayan Temple, Radhika Art Gallery, Watson Museum, Lalji Maharaj Temple, etc.
• Best Time to Go – The best time to visit Chotila is during the Spring season.
Limbdi is a small town located in the Surendranagar district of Gujarat. It gradually has become one of the most important pilgrimage cities of Gujarat.
• How to Reach – You can find GSRTC bus services from Rajkot and other locations of Gujarat to Limbdi.
• What’s Best – Some of the prominent places to visit in Limbdi are Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary, Hanuman Mandir, etc. Don’t forget to eat the local Gujarati cuisines while in Limbdi.
• Best Time to Go – The best time to visit Limbdi is between December and March.
Gandhidham is a populous city located in the Kutch district. It boasts a rich history and is named after Mahatma Gandhi. This place was an important location during India’s freedom struggle. It is also one of the fastest developing cities of Gujarat.
• How to Reach – You can find GSRTC buses to Gandhidham from various locations like Bhachau, Adipur, etc.
• What’s Best – Some of the best places to visit in Gandhidham are Ambaji Temple, Sai Baba Temple, etc.
• Best Time to Go – One can visit Gandhidham is from December to March when the weather is pleasant, and many social amenities are available.
You can quickly book affordable bus tickets to these lesser-known Gujarat towns using the redBus mobile application/website. The GSRTC bus ticket booking process is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
GSRTC buses also follow several safety measures against the recent COVID outbreak. Passengers have to wear a mask and maintain social distancing while travelling in these buses. E-ticketing services have also made it possible for people to avoid crowds at bus ticket counters.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your GSRTC bus today!