Pune is one of the most culturally rich and diverse cities in Maharashtra. It is home to various attractions and sites that you must see. It is best to have a vehicle while exploring the city and places around it. Whether travelling solo or with a group, you can book a car rental in Pune with redBus for a hassle-free and convenient trip.
Places to See in Pune
For the History Lovers
Pune has many historical sites, and you can check out most of them in just one day. Some of the popular ones are:
- Aga Khan Palace: The Aga Khan Palace is one of the most important attractions in Pune that you must check out. Built in 1892 with beautiful architecture and planning, you can learn a lot about the past here.
- Shaniwar Wada Palace: Known for its brilliant Indian architecture, the Shaniwar Wada Palace is a significant monument in Pune that is worth visiting. Though many parts were destroyed from major fires and military attacks centuries ago, it still is beautiful.
- Lal Mahal: Lal Mahal is another popular monument in Pune built in 1630 AD and has a rich history behind it.
For the Nature Lovers
If you love nature and love exploring the green and sandy parts of Pune, then you can cover the following by renting a car –
- Vetal Tekdi: It is the best place for walks and jogs and is perfect for family picnics, bird watching, photography, and relaxing.
- Khadakwasla Dam: Khadakwasla Dam is a tourist attraction known for its state-of-the-art engineering and pleasant atmosphere.
For the Foodies
From Irani cafes to Maharashtrian and South Indian eateries, explore some popular areas with the best food in Pune. Some of these are –
- Dhole Patil Road
- Kalyani Nagar
- Fergusson College Road
- Koregaon Park
For the Pilgrims
When you are travelling with family and want to visit religious places in the city, then make sure you check out the following temples –
- Parvati Temple
- Dagadusheth Halwai Temple
- Pataleshwar Cave Temple
- Chaturshringi Temple
- Kasba Temple
For the Museum Lovers
If you have a curious mind and would love to explore Pune’s museums, then do check out the following –
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum: It is home to a rare anthology of Indian artefacts that portray the majestic stories of a rich legacy.
- Tribal Museum: It gives a glance into the life of various tribes of the country and will help you learn about their lifestyle and culture.
Getting around Pune with redBus car rental
Enjoyment and comfort are two of the most important things to travel around a city. By renting a car, you can travel comfortably at your own pace to any place of your choice. You will find many options for car rental in Pune online on redBus, where you can easily compare and choose the vehicle that best suits your requirements. Moreover, you can enjoy travelling at affordable rates and even enjoy discounts and offers by renting a car online.
There are many benefits to choosing a car rental in Pune through redBus. You can avoid the rush of public buses and go wherever you want without waiting. Nothing beats the charm of this wonderful city, so don’t let transportation put a stop to your plan and book your favourite car rental services on redBus now.