When you live in one of the biggest cities in the world, sometimes you want to escape the busy life and go someplace else away from the noise and crowds. There are many exciting places to visit near the capital city of India. For people who cannot take off during the week, you will find many weekend getaways from Delhi.
Places to Visit Near Delhi (Within 200 km)
- Sultanpur National Park: This is a national park located in Haryana and close to Delhi. It is world-famous for being a sanctuary for birds and other animals, which come to take refuge from the winters in other countries. It is a great place to appreciate nature.
- Hansi: The city is not far away from Delhi. It is home to many historic buildings and important archaeological sites that you can visit over the weekend.
- Vrindavan and Mathura: These two cities are very close to each other. Vrindavan and Mathura are important religious and tourist centres and perfect weekend getaways from Delhi for people interested in culture and history.
Places to Visit Near Delhi (Within 300 km)
- Jim Corbett National Park: You cannot miss this amazing place if you are a nature lover. It is an important national park in India and one of the best places to visit near Delhi. Here you can see different animals in their daily life like tigers and take a walk through the trees and nature with green and magical landscapes.
- Jaipur: The place is world-famous and is known as the pink city because of the colour of its buildings. When visiting Jaipur, you will find endless things to do. You can visit temples, museums, forts, houses, palaces, and you can even go up in a hot air balloon to see the city’s landscape.
- Agra: Another world-famous location in India is Agra. Here you can find monuments such as the Taj Mal, the Agra Fort and the Fatehpur Sikri. It makes for a perfect weekend getaway from Delhi.
- Dehradun: If you want to visit hill stations near Delhi, Dehradun is one of your best options. Apart from trekking, climbing and beautiful landscapes, you can see some of the monasteries here.
- Mussoorie: Another hill station near Delhi is Mussoorie, considered the ‘princess of hill stations’. Here, you can also go trekking, rock climbing, and climbing. Along its routes, you will come across various animals and waterfalls.
Where to Stay Near Delhi
There are several places to stay near Delhi. There are various resorts which people on a relaxing weekend trip from Delhi can visit. Some of these are –
- ITC Grand Bharat Resort
- Water House Resort
- Jim’s Jungle Retreat
- Surjivan Resort
How to Find the Best Transport
Now that you know these places, you must be wondering how to get there. The best way to reach the various locations around Delhi, especially over weekends, is by bus. This mode of transport is the cheapest, and you will find multiple buses by different operators taking off from the capital to various places.
You can easily book bus tickets online in advance for your trip using the redBus website or mobile app. Here are some routes for the places to visit near Delhi:
- Delhi to Hansi
- Delhi to Gurgaon
- Delhi to Manesar
- Delhi to Agra
- Delhi to Jaipur
You can travel via UPSRTC Delhi to the following places:
If you want to travel only with your family or friends with flexible schedules, you can rent a car/bus/tempo traveller from redBus.
Advantages of Booking Bus Tickets with redBus
Booking tickets with redBus has multiple benefits, especially if you are planning a weekend getaway from Delhi. Some of these are –
- Easy booking facility
- Book from anywhere, any time
- Lowest fares
- Fare transparency
- Offers and discounts
- Safe online payments
- Online rescheduling and cancellation facilities
- Avail e-tickets and m-tickets
- 24×7 customer support
In a Nutshell
There are many options for weekend getaways from Delhi. You can book bus tickets online at the best rates on redBus to travel safely and comfortably. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your trip today!