Ever wanted to rest in a railway station peacefully when changing trains? Then, when you want to have your own space while not travelling very far away from the railway station, simply choose to stay at the station with the IRCTC retiring room services! Read on to learn more about it and how you can book one of your retiring rooms.
What is the Retiring Room?
Retiring rooms are lodging services provided by the IRCTC where passengers can choose to stay for a few days before or after their travel, and these are provided at many major railway stations in the country. Retiring rooms come in various options, and these include single, double, and even dormitory rooms. These rooms come in non-air-conditioned and air-conditioned combinations, and passengers can choose one based on their budget and requirements. The most vital prerequisite to booking a retiring room with IRCTC is that the passengers must have a RAC or a confirmed train ticket.
How to Book a Retiring Room?
To book a retiring room with the IRCTC at major railway stations, follow these simple steps:
- Open the IRCTC Tourism website and go to the Retiring Room page, which is present on the Main Menu.
- You will be asked to enter your PNR number (10 digits) and enter the search button.
- If you wish to book a room at the railway station of your Source, then choose the “Book on Source” button and if you want to select one at the Destination, click on the “Book on Destination” button.
- Provide your required check-in and check-out dates, choose your preferences (single or double bed type) and decide whether you want non-AC or AC rooms.
- You will have to fill in some information, and then you can click on the “check availability” options that will take you to a page with available rooms.
- Once you pick a room and choose the duration of your stay, the page will redirect you to the login page, where you will have to enter your password and the IRCTC login ID. You can also go for the Guest login option if you are not already registered with IRCTC.
- If you wish to book rooms for more than one passenger, you can choose the bed and the room for each one and enter the ID card and the ID number.
- Proceed to the payment page and pay online. You will have successfully booked the retiring room!
Ensure you take the booking receipt while travelling because you will need to show this for checking in. Also, note that the booking duration can be only between 1 hour to a maximum of 48 hours.
How to book a Railway Retiring Room Offline?
If you choose to go for offline booking options, you could go for the following options:
- Go to your nearest central railway station that has functioning retiring room services.
- Provide the PNR number from your and the status of the RAC or the confirmed ticket.
Therefore, the next time you choose Indian rail travel, choose to stay at the most convenient option- at the IRCTC retiring room!