In India, trains are one of the most popular and preferred modes of travel. Affordability and availability are factors that make a majority of Indians travel by train. The Indian railways in recent years have brought advancements and upgrades in trains, making the journey smoother and more comfortable. Track live train status essentially to keep you updated with the current location of your train.
Tracking the live train status also gives you an estimated arrival time and details about the next halt or station. You can check the live status of the trains without standing in long queues. Getting information about delays or changes in the train’s schedule is manageable. Live tracking of your train will also ensure you reach the boarding station in time. redRail has an easy-to-use portal that helps you track your train and find its current location or upcoming station.
How to Check the Live Train Status on redRail?
redRail has partnered with IRCTC to provide travelers with a portal that gives them important information about their trains at their fingertips. You can save time and skip the long queues at the railway counters. Live train tracking status has been online for a long time, but tracking trains through apps have been recently introduced. Apps are quick and easy to use. Live train tracking on the phone helps save time and provides real-time location of the train.
To track your train’s live location on redRail, follow these simple steps:
- Head to the redBus app or website and click on the redRail icon
- Once you’re redirected to the redRail homepage, click on the live status button
- Enter the station name and train number
- Select the ‘spot my train’ option
With the help of redRail you can track live train status on your phone easily. The train number and the station name will be provided on the confirmed ticket, and you can enter these essential details to find your train’s real-time location. The train number is essential to find out the train’s live location.
What Information does Live Train Status Provide?
IRCTC trains have GPS that helps provide the live location of the trains. There are many advantages to live tracking the train.
Apart from the current location, additional information provided by live tracking of trains are:
- The time of departure from the station so that you can reach on time
- The distance covered from the starting station to the current location
- Platform number of all stations that fall on the way to the destination
- Names of the stations and halt time
- The distance and time between the upcoming next station
- The expected time of arrival at the destination
About NTES and its Importance
The National Train Enquiry system, also known as NTES, is an advanced backend system of IRCTC that helps passengers gather information about their various trains. Passengers can get information like live tracking of trains, PNR status, and notifications about delays, diversions, or rescheduling. Starting as a website compatible with Windows 13, NTES has been developed into a full-fledged app with multiple interfaces. It’s an easy-to-use desktop and mobile application that uses GPS to help passengers track the live location of trains as well as their time of arrival. The NTES services are available on redRail so passengers can comfortably get updates on their trains.
You can also check the live train tracking status on WhatsApp. To get your train’s live status through WhatsApp from redBus, you can follow the following steps,
- Before starting their journey, travelers can call +91 9538039911 on WhatsApp and enter their train number to find their train’s exact location, running status, and arrival time.
- Travelers can also know the status of a train from the day before by entering the PNR number and finding the status of their ticket confirmation.
You will automatically receive real-time location, halts’ details, and the next station.
With the onset of technology, train ticket booking has become very easy—no need to stand in long queues at the railway station. Online train ticket booking is possible with many web portals and apps specializing in ticket bookings. IRCTC train ticket booking can also be made from the official website of IRCTC. You can book tickets and stay updated with its location quickly.