Generating Your Bus Pass Using redBus Unreserved
Bus travel is becoming increasingly popular, with India’s road networks getting a tremendous facelift yearly. You may be a frequent or occasional bus user, but possessing a bus pass is incredibly useful. Most bus services require you to fill in application forms and queue up in front of counters to submit them, along with the payment. What if you could do all this from the comfort of your current location? What if you could get the bus pass on your smartphone? redBus’s new feature, the redBus Unreserved, lets you do this and much more. Keep reading to explore more about this feature. Learn how it can make bus travel a lot simpler.
What is the redBus Unreserved app?
The redBus Unreserved app is a novel feature launched by your favorite online bus ticket booking company, redBus. Here are the principal components of this app:
- View bus timetables (express and direct buses) to plan your journey.
- View the real-time bus schedules and track live locations (right now, this feature applies to only Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Karnataka).
- Bookmark and save your favorite bus routes for future reference.
- Share the bus routes or timetable with your family and friends via WhatsApp or email. Before sharing, you must log in using your email credentials or enter your phone number to generate an OTP.
- Book a redBus travel card or bus pass (available right now on select routes).
The last and newly added feature of getting a bus pass issued through the app can help you save up to 15-30% on travel. The following sections will explore how to book a bus pass using the redBus Unreserved app.
Steps to book a bus pass using the redBus Unreserved app
Using redBus Unreserved, it is now possible to access bus timetables and route charts and even generate bus passes without queueing up at crowded counters. This newly launched travel card or bus pass generation feature is fast gaining popularity. Soon, it will apply to all states and bus routes pan India. The following ten steps tell you how to book a bus pass using the redBus Unreserved app:
- Step 1: Download the redBus Unreserved app from Google Play (currently available for Android users only).
- Step 2: Open the app on your smartphone or laptop.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Travel Card’ option at the bottom of the homepage.
- Step 4: Select the route, preferred bus operator, and travel card type (the prices are displayed).
- Step 5: Click on ‘Buy redBus Travel Card’.
- Step 6: Select your payment option.
- Step 7: Review your purchase details and confirm the payment.
- Step 8: Once you pay, your booking is confirmed, and the bus pass is generated ( you will receive a QR code).
- Step 9: Board the bus and scan the QR code to redeem your bus pass or travel card.
- Step 10: Display the verified screen to the bus conductor.
Once your pass generation gets done, you can access the ‘Scan QR’ option from the homepage. You can even track the live location of your bus.
Benefits of getting bus pass through this app
Using the redBus Unreserved app to generate bus passes entitles you to numerous benefits, such as:
- You experience the most hassle-free process of bus pass generation.
- You can avoid the long queues in front of bus pass counters.
- You can choose the payment mode of your choice and proceed to book accordingly.
- Your pass validity details are easily accessible on the app’s homepage.
- You get attractive discounts on bus pass booking through the app.
- You no longer need to worry about carrying cash or exact change and jostling among the crowd for bus pass booking inside the bus/counter. Just scan the QR code and show it on-screen to the conductor.
- You need not worry about losing the hard copy of a bus pass as its soft copy is always available on your smartphone.
- Bus passes make new locations more accessible.
- You don’t need to buy tickets every time you board a bus.
Current routes where bus passes are available through the app
Since the bus pass facility is a newly launched feature in redBus Unreserved, it is applicable only to select road networks in Karnataka presently. You can avail of this feature on the following routes:
- Belathagundy-Karkala and vice-versa
- Mangalore-Shimoga and vice-versa
Visit our official website to explore more newly launched features like redRail and rYde. At redBus, we strive to ensure our passengers have a seamless bus travel experience. We constantly develop innovations to make bus transportation more convenient for our customers. Contact us here for enquiries and feedback.