Independence Day in India is celebrated annually on August 15th, and the year 2023 marks the 76th anniversary of India’s independence from British rule. It’s a day of patriotic celebration and remembrance, recognizing the efforts and sacrifices made by countless freedom fighters.
On this day, Across the India, government institutions, schools, colleges, and local communities host flag-hoisting ceremonies. The Prime Minister hoists the national flag at the Red Fort in Delhi and delivers a speech, highlighting the achievements, challenges, and future goals of the nation.
Various cultural programs are organized, including parades, patriotic songs, and traditional dances. They reflect the diversity and richness of Indian culture.
Television and radio channels run special programs, movies, and documentaries related to the freedom struggle. Social media platforms also engage with unique content celebrating the day.
This year redBus celebrate Independence day in a unique way, with the special social media campaign. As India stands on the threshold of its Independence Day, redBus, the global leader in bus ticket bookings, unveils a unique campaign, “Route to 47”. The initiative aims to bridge the historical gap for the Gen-Z, giving them a nuanced view of India’s path to freedom.
What’s Special about the Route to 47 Campaign?
- Highlighting the Unsung Heroes: The campaign shines the spotlight on lesser-known historical sites and stories integral to India’s freedom movement.
- Interactive Map Feature: Harnessing Google Maps and My Maps, redBus meticulously marks 47 significant locations throughout India. Each pin-pointed site is enriched with engaging visuals and compelling backstories.
- An Invitation to Experience: “Route to 47” is not just a digital initiative; it urges everyone, especially the youth, to physically visit these locations, thereby offering an immersive dive into India’s rich history.
The journey began with an impactful video released on 5th August. Since then, redBus has been fuelling the campaign’s momentum with activations on popular social platforms – Instagram and Facebook. These engagements promise to stretch till 15th August.
Moreover, there’s a cherry on top! Engaging contests are being hosted where lucky individuals can pocket travel vouchers and more. Taking advantage of the upcoming long weekend, the campaign nudges Indians to step out, visit these landmarks, and forge a deeper connection with the tales of India’s fight for freedom.
Another heartening aspect of this campaign is the call for personal stories. redBus encourages sharing of family anecdotes related to the freedom movement, promising to pin these personal tales on their map. This gesture ensures that the heroic acts of ordinary people during the freedom struggle do not fade away.
How redBus re-mapping India #RouteTo47?
Learn More about Route to 47:
47 Places to visit this independence day
- Aga Khan Palace
- Agra Fort
- Anushilan Samiti
- Arya Samaj, Kolkata
- August Kranti Maidan
- Barabati Girls High School
- B.B.D Bagh
- Chandrashekhar Azad Park
- Chapekar Museum
- Dharasana Salt Satyagraha Smarak
- Feroz Shah Kotla Fort
- Fort William
- Freedom Park
- Gateway Of India
- Hazarimal Dharmsala, Champaran
- INA Museum
- Indian Coffee House, Kolkata
- JaiStambh Chowk
- Jallianwala Bagh
- Jhansi Rani ka Qila
- Kakori Railway Station
- Kashmere Gate
- Kesari Wada
- Khongjom War Memorial Complex (Houses World’s Tallest Sword Statue) – Thoubal District, Manipur, India
- Kittur Fort
- Maharani Laxmibai Samadhi Sthal
- Mangal Pandey Park
- Mani Bhavan
- Memorial Pillar of Henry Lawrence’s Residency
- Muzaffarpur Central Jail
- National High School
- Netaji Bhawan
- Nilakanthapur Ghat
- Pazhassi Raja Memorial
- Pullalur War Memorial
- Raipur Central Jail
- Raja Subodh Mullick Palace
- Red Fort
- Sanganeri Gate
- Srirangapatna Fort
- Swaraj Bhawan
- University of Calcutta
- Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy Fort
- Vellore Fort
- Wagon Tragedy Memorial
Independence Day is a time for reflection on India’s journey since 1947. It’s an occasion to celebrate progress, acknowledge challenges, and look forward to a future filled with growth and prosperity.