Major Religious Sites in Andhra Pradesh to be Explored by APSRTC
Andhra Pradesh is a very popular state located in the southern part of India. It is the seventh-largest state of India, which is quite popular for various tourist spots. There are several pilgrimage sites in Andhra Pradesh, which is one of the significant reasons that many tourists flock to the state. The state has a well-connected transportation system to visit all the tourist places in Andhra Pradesh. People use the bus system to travel from one place to another. The most popular bus service operator is APSRTC.
APSRTC is also known as Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. This service provider is known for its best in class service. You can make an APSRTC online bus booking for a hassle-free ticketing experience. This online booking can be easily made using the redBus app. You can also check out the redBus app to get an idea of all the cities it covers. You are most likely to find a bus as APSRTC buses cover about 30,000 routes daily. You can decide on the places to visit in Andhra Pradesh and then make a booking accordingly.
Pilgrimage Sites You Can Visit with APSRTC
Andhra Pradesh has a rich cultural heritage and is quite famous for various tourist spots and destinations. You can explore the state if you want to experience the rich culture of Andhra Pradesh. The state has its unique charm and is also famous for its great food. You can make an APSRTC online bus booking in case you want to travel to every beautiful location within the state. Some of the important pilgrimage sites in Andhra Pradesh are:
- Tirumala: Tirumala is about 22 kilometers away from the city of Tirupati. It is also one of the most famous pilgrimage spots in India. The sacred Balaji Temple is a renowned spot in the city. Thousands of tourists visit this temple every year to show their love and devotion and to celebrate the birth and life of Lord Vishnu. You can easily book an APSRTC bus from Bangalore, Hyderabad, or any other popular city situated in the south to reach Tirumala without any hassle. You can also use the redBus app to make your bus booking.
- Tirupati: Tirupati is a very popular pilgrimage city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is known for being one of the most visited pilgrimage cities in India. You can visit the place by booking an APSRTC bus. Tirupati is surrounded by other pilgrimage cities as well. This makes it even more popular. Also, there are some great hotels in Tirupati. You can book rooms in these hotels for your stay and a better experience.
- Vijayawada: Vijayawada is the second largest city of Andhra Pradesh. The city is located on the banks of the Krishna river and is considered a sacred city by locals and people across the country. There is a story attached to this place. People believe that Goddess Durga had taken rest in this city after killing a deadly monster. This makes the place even more sacred and holy. This place is also known for building civilizations; therefore, the bank of the River Krishna attracts a considerable crowd.
- Yaganti: Yaganti is a very religious city. People visit this city quite often as it is known for its unique Shiva temple. The temple is quite old, and it was built during the reign of Pallavas. The temple has a unique structure. Yaganti has several small hills, which make the place quite aesthetic. You can book your APSRTC bus using the redBus app in case you want to visit Yaganti.
- Mahanandi: Mahanandi is a small forest which is surrounded by dense forest. This adds to the beauty of the village. There are nine Nandis or bulls that surround the city. This place has enormous religious relevance.
Andhra Pradesh is quite famous for its religious and pilgrimage spots. The list given above is not exhaustive. You can visit places like Lepakshi, which is quite near to the city of Tirupati. Once you reach Andhra Pradesh, you will crave to visit more places as the state is a hub of famous tourist spots and pilgrim destinations. You can see the other temples too if you come to the state to spend your holidays.