Spread across 60 square miles, Patiala is a popular city located in South-eastern Punjab. Established in 1763 by Ala Singh, Patiala boasts rich history and culture. If you are interested in the study of the link between food and culture, you can travel to Patiala. Patiala is heaven for gastronomy buffs with its sumptuous cuisines. Patiala food is famous all over India and, many people travel for the sole reason of tasting Patiala food.
Besides Patiala food, there are many tourist attractions in the city. Tourists visit Patiala for attractions like Bahadurgarh Fort, Qila Mubarak Complex, Baradari Gardens, Sheesh Mahal, and Gurudwara Moti Bagh. If you are eager to taste the sumptuous cuisine of Patiala, read on to know some of the best eateries in the city.
The street food culture of Patiala
It’s not like you have to visit a designated restaurant for tasting the local Patiala food. Many street-food stalls in Patiala witness huge gatherings every day. If you want to taste the real flavour of Patiala, it is advised to start with street food first. Street food markets are everywhere in Patiala and offer numerous local cuisines to people. Street food joints in Patiala charge less for cuisines as compared to restaurants/hotels. Some of the must-try street foods in Patiala are as follows:
• You can start your food journey in Patiala by trying the Aloo Paratha. A Formula Chai with an Aloo Paratha is the perfect breakfast in Patiala. Formula Chai is available at joints outside the major convenience points in Patiala.
• If you are around Sheranwala Gate, try the famous Chole Bhature. Chole Bhature is a heavy food that will satisfy your appetite.
• Amritsari Kulcha is the best food in Patiala for food buffs. Besides onions and potatoes, the Amritsari Kulcha is made of many other vegetables.
• Want to try some flavoured drink while in Patiala? Try the Kanwal Lassi that is available in almost all the markets of Patiala. Kanwal Lassi in Patiala is available in various flavours like peach, mango, strawberry, and banana.
• Punjabis do know how to make a proper chicken dish. The best chicken in Patiala is often found in the street markets of Patiala. Non-vegetarians can try the Tandoori Chicken which can be found in many street markets of Patiala.
• There are many light snacks for you to try when in Patiala. Snacks like Panipuri, Papdi Chaat, Samosa, Kathi Roll, Aloo Tikki, Jalebi, and Pakora are also famous in Patiala. These snacks can be found in almost all the street markets of the city and are budget-friendly.
Best eateries in Patiala
Besides trying the best street food in Patiala, you can try authentic local dishes in the eateries of the city. Eateries in Patiala will provide you with many local and international cuisines. Some of the top eateries in Patiala are listed below:
Located close to Sai Market, Patiala House is one of the best eateries in the city. Besides being known for its Indian and Chinese cuisines, Patiala House is also popular for its quality booze. You should look to make reservations during weekends at Patiala House as many people visit this popular restaurant. The key points to know before visiting Patiala House are:
• The best dishes of Patiala House are its Indian and Chinese cuisines. Also, you can try the refreshing cocktails at Patiala House.
• The average price for eating at Patiala House is INR 2000 for two people.
Buns ‘N’ Bunnies
Located near the Omaxe Mall in Patiala, Buns ‘N’ Bunnies is an excellent place to grab a snack. Besides providing quality food, Buns ‘N’ Bunnies is also known for its excellent customer service. The speciality of Buns ‘N’ Bunnies is as follows:
• The burgers and buns offered by this restaurant are termed as the best food in Patiala by many food buffs.
• The average cost for eating at Buns ‘N’ Bunnies is INR 400 for two people.
Food Library is another popular restaurant in Patiala located near the Lahori Gate. People visit Food Library from different locations to taste the famous food in Patiala. From starters and soups to the main course, Food Library offers it all to guests. The key points to remember before visiting the Food Library are as follows:
• Chilli Chicken Dry, Lemon Chicken Dry and Lemon Tikka are some of the best starters at the Food Library. Food Library Patiala also offers other chicken dishes like Chicken Seekh Kebab, Chicken Pudina Tikka, Afghani Chicken, and Tandoori Chicken.
• The cost of eating at the Food Library for two people is approximately INR 400.
Searching for a veg restaurant in Patiala city? F2G is a popular veg restaurant that will provide you with the best food in Patiala. Located in the Chhoti Baradari region of Patiala, F2G will offer value for your money. The key highlights of F2G are as follows:
• F2G is a fully veg restaurant and you won’t find any non-vegetarian dishes. F2G also does not serve any alcohol and is operational from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
• The highlight of F2G is its sumptuous north Indian dishes. The cost of eating at F2G for two people is approximately INR 350.
How to get to Patiala to eat world-famous food?
The best way to travel to Patiala is to catch a bus. You don’t need to visit a physical sales point for booking bus tickets to Patiala as it can be done via an e-ticketing platform. redBus is a reliable e-ticketing platform that can provide you with affordable Patiala bus tickets. Head off to different locations in the city and try the Patiala food. A PEPSU bus can take you to Patiala via redBus from various locations like Delhi, Chandigarh, Bathinda, Amritsar, and Abohar.
If you are looking for budget-friendly Patiala food, you can try the street food in the city. The eateries in Patiala also offer sumptuous food at affordable prices. You can travel by bus to reach any place in Patiala. Travel to Patiala and taste the local cuisines!
You may like to read: Magnificent Jain Temples of Rajasthan